Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Guest Bathroom Remodel

Okay - so my friends have inspired me to keep a blog. Yeah, Facebook is nice, but it's such a short soundbite that every once in a while, you just need to put everything out there. So, here I go again, giving my blog another go.

Tomorrow is my 33rd birthday! I can truly tell you that I am very excited. I never would have expected my life to be where it is today. My love, Brian, and I have been together for almost seven months and the time just seems to race by. He'll be taking me out to see Eclipse for my birthday, so I thank him in advance for knowing that I don't ever expect him to measure up to Edward or Jacob ... that's just simply unreasonable.

So, what else am I doing on my birthday? That's a great question! In the morning, I'll be taking sledgehammer to vanity and demolishing my guest bathroom! The fiberglass tub has had some hairline cracks which I've been able to fix ... until the BIG ONE. CRACK!!! One big hole + plaid duct tape to cover said hole = guest bathroom remodel. See kids, you really do use math outside of school!

I did have to hire a company to demo the tub and surround and to install the new tub and fixtures, but other than that, it's all me and a few of my closest friends. I've purchased everything so far except for the vanity and toilet, and the backerboard and backerboard screws. I'm actually quite excited. Here's a preview of what it should look like, thanks to the floor at Home Depot. I'll be posting further updates as the week progresses.


Enjoy!

No comments: